WSCC Approved – Northwest Territories & Nunavut Supervisor Familiarization Course
The Workers’ Safety and Compensation Commission (WSCC) requires all supervisors to complete an approved safety familiarization course.
Ensure your supervisors are ready to meet the challenges ahead: Trained by a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
Sisu Safety’s 16 Hour Supervisor Familiarization course is designed to help new and experienced supervisors comply with the law, coach their employees, and play an active role in the safety management system. We aim to achieve that through small class sizes (20 person maximum), meaningful workshops, discussions, and value added advice from an experienced safety professional.
The course content includes:
- Legislative requirements of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- The Internal Responsibility System
- Workplace Duties and Responsibilities
- Hazard Assessment and Control
- Incident Investigation and Reporting
- Joint Health and Safety Committees
- Accident Investigation and Reporting
- Return to Work Plans
- Leadership and Coaching